Logo

1996 150 OP corroded sparkplugs after replacement

gofastsandman

"Hi all,
My name is Sandy Sta

"Hi all,
My name is Sandy Stark and I would like to introduce myself. I am a shade tree mechanic at best. Self taught with only Saab/Volvo experience 20 yrs ago.
I have a 89 SeaCraft 20 sf with a `96 oceanpro 150. The spark plugs are corroding after replacement. Powerhead gasket, or is this from the offshore air?
I can`t turn more rpm than 5100 with a 14.75x17p mich. wheel? My independant says it runs as good as his and cold comp is 87-92. Throttle control is stiff and touchy. Butterflys open fully and motor sounds fine.
Been reading the factory manual, but my head is about to explode.
Thanks for helping out the FNG.
Cheers,
GFS"

"ur compression,is a little lo

"ur compression,is a little low,for that engine...do some reading/searching about de-carbing it,..ur plug corrosion prob,is very common,...ck to make sure,u have no wtr lk,...inst new plugs,after,..u do the de-carb,..liberal use of wd-40 does wonders,its what i use on my own eng,and what i recommend,over grease sprays."

"Used engine tuner thru the sc

"Used engine tuner thru the schraeder and Dunk`s seafoam three rounds before the smoking lightened up. Glad I called the FD first.Sheriff showed up.Ooops.

Cowl seal seems fine and tightened clamps , but still happening. Sprayed w/ T-9 but plugs still corroding. Now I have brown corrosion bubbles inbetween. layers of Corrosion x and Boeshield. What should I use to remove all and start fresh with only Boeshield t 9. Searched and some say Corrosion x expands rubber, so don`t want that.
Can`t think of a way to test for cowl leaks.
Art at BRP tech said those motors have about 7 models and some left the factory at 90.
Having trouble learning the searches here.
Thanks,
Sandy"

"Used engine tuner thru the sc

"Used engine tuner thru the schraeder and Dunk`s seafoam three rounds before the smoking lightened up. Glad I called the FD first.Sheriff showed up.Ooops.

Cowl seal seems fine and tightened clamps , but still happening. Sprayed w/ T-9 but plugs still corroding. Now I have brown corrosion bubbles inbetween. layers of Corrosion x and Boeshield. What should I use to remove all and start fresh with only Boeshield t 9. Searched and some say Corrosion x expands rubber, so don`t want that.
Can`t think of a way to test for cowl leaks.
Art at BRP tech said those motors have about 7 models and some left the factory at 90.
Having trouble learning the searches here.
Thanks,
Sandy"

Back