Logo

Nissan 1980 ingition parts

3jk

I have a 9.9 1988 nissan motor

I have a 9.9 1988 nissan motor that runs strong.

I was looking at the same year 25 hp that is have a starting issue. Will my ingition parts work on the 25 hp? I noticed that these replacement parts are now obsolete.

Thanks in Advance

"Mine seems to have an ignitio

"Mine seems to have an ignition coil while the 25 hp just runs off the CD Black box. If the CD box needs changed out its 283.00.

Don't know if that would be the problem but this seems like the worst case cost to fix othe than changing plug, fuses, etc.

Does this sound like I'm thinking in the right direction for a motor that currently has no spark?"

"Your jumping the gun on the C

"Your jumping the gun on the CD. Literally anything in the ignition system can cause a loss of spark. Exciter coil, trigger coil, kill switch, ignition switch, wiring, fuse, bad ground and the CD. You have to whip out the service manual and test the various parts and eliminate them one by one. Or you can roll the dice and start randomly buying and changing out the parts. The CD is the most expensive, but since the trigger coil and exciter coil are no longer available I would not suggest you buy a non returnable CD and then find out you need an exciter coil and had a bad ground. If you don't have a manual and don't want to buy one your best choice choice would be to take the engine into a dealer and let them troubleshoot it for you."

Thanks Guru.

I was looking

Thanks Guru.

I was looking to buy this motor and I can't do any test on it. I was looking at what would be the worst case senario which is either the $283 or maybe be stuck with a motor that I couldn't get the two coils for.

My motor has the other coils that seem like they would work but the gamble may not be worth it.

Do you see the CD going much?

"They last can last 20 years o

"They last can last 20 years or more, but electronics, on average, generally aren't worth putting onto old engine. That 25 sold for $1500.00 23 years ago...I wouldn't put a penny in it myself even though it was a great model. It's a money pit due to age...Don't buy anything over 10 years old."

Back