Logo

40hp mariner outboard manual

O

ozzy52

can anyone please tell me if t

can anyone please tell me if the manual sold by this company is the right manual for my outboard its (Mariner Outboard: (1977-1989) v.1: (1977-1989) (Seloc Marine Tune-Up and Repair Manuals)(whats on my outboard plate is 40ML 6E9L 315083 IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER OF THE PLATE IS AN (F)think its an 80s model thanks all

"Hi Alan,the [F] denotes 1989,

"Hi Alan,the [F] denotes 1989,and the serial number denotes long shaft 1989 yamaha based mariner.does that help?"

hi lan thanks for the info it

hi lan thanks for the info it did help im one step nearer to getting that manual so i should be looking at yamaha for a manual ?

"The Seloc's manual you no

"The Seloc's manual you note is perfect for your motor (and the one I use myself most often).

If you wish to use a Yamaha produced manual you will need one covering the 1981-1983 models 40FM/40FE/40FEML which is Yami model that your particular motor was copied from.

However, for general maintenance and more intricate work (upto and including a total rebuild) the Seloc's manual is more than adequate and usually sells for about the 1/4 the cost of a factory manual.

However, the factory manual will be very specific to your particular motor.

If undertaking a major overhaul I often use both.

A factory manual assumes the user is a marine tech so does not include the do/don't things you find in Seloc's (like don't soak plastic carb parts in carb cleaner or they will dissolve).

If you are very mechanically inclined, a service manual is a great tool, otherwise I would suggest you stick with Seloc's..."

cheers graham i need the manua

cheers graham i need the manual for general maintenance things like oils plugs strip down for impeller change and just the general breakdown of the outboard and wireing

Does anyone have the ideal com

Does anyone have the ideal compression numbers for a 40hp 1986 MARINER OUTBOARD MOTOR? Thanks in advance.

"Hi Glyn,i would suggest a fig

"Hi Glyn,i would suggest a figure of 150 psi is vgood,130 not bad.also,some people may disagree,but i open the throttle manually to give full throttle,easy to do with the screw in compression guages.be careful to ground out the ht leads,as damage can occur on some outboards,[and late model cars etc]if ht leads are open circuit on compression testing.or,ground the kill wire/disconnect the coil feed"

Back