Logo

Wiring 2000 130 HP Johnson2001 Promaster

rmiles

"I have 4 gauges on the dash.

"I have 4 gauges on the dash. RPM, Speed, Trim & Tilt and fuel. Three just stopped working--RPM, Speed and Trim & Tilt. 20 amp fuse in motor is O.K. 12 volts going to Trim & Tilt, 4 volts going to fuel, RPM & Speed feed off of 12v Trim & Tilt. Help!!"

"use a test lite to ck hot and

"use a test lite to ck hot and grounds,..all 3 gauges did'nt go bad at same time,..unless,..hot wire touched 'sender' wire locations....batt cables did not get crossed?..better ck them.."

"jwbmarine, thanks a lot for s

"jwbmarine, thanks a lot for spending time on my gauge problem. As I said before there are 2 harnesses that feed the 4 gauges. One is putting out 12 volts and is attached to the trim & tilt gauge (not working) The wiring for the RPM and speedometer are fed by wires coming from the trim & tilt gauge, they don't work. The second harness puts out 4 volts and is attached to the gas gauge. this gauge appears to be working.
Thanks again for your help.

Ron"

"ok...on the gauges....it take

"ok...on the gauges....it takes 3 things for them to wk...12v on the pos term,..a solid ground,on the grnd term,and a sender wire,fr the appropriate sender...none of the gauges,takes 4 V to operate...u may poss be cking the 'sender' wire,for gas gauge...on the gauges that r not wking,....u r missing one,or more of the 3 items.."

Back