Logo

312 yblock

gtkgtk1

My uncle gave me an old trojan

My uncle gave me an old trojan wooden boat that he never finished restoring. It has a ford 312 engine with all the components of a marine engine and also has the transmission. It was running but has been parked for many years but luckly its in an old barn. Would the motor and transmission be worth anything or am I better off taking it to scrap?

thanks!

The engine and components are

The engine and components are worth some money. I'd be interested in buying the transmission if it's a Dearbo model C right hand rotation. Where is the engine located?

"well the boat is still in the

"well the boat is still in the barn it has been parked in since the 1970's or so.. I will try to find out the information as soon as I can. The engine is still in the trojan boat near Atlanta, GA"

Hey guys I am going this satur

Hey guys I am going this saturday to get the engine out of the old boat and bring it back to my home so I can clean it some

"Grant that is an older style

"Grant that is an older style Dearbo and not a model C, so unfortunately it is of no help to me. There are numbers and letters on the timing cover. The first letter is an E if it is a 312. The next letter will be an L or R indicating the rotation."

the timing cover has several s

the timing cover has several sets of numbers but none have an L or R in them. I've searched the entire block for numbers or letters to indicate the rotation but ive had no luck so far.

Back