Logo

1985 20 Hp Johnson

bic4d

"Newbie here....<[img]"http://

"Newbie here....
happy.gif

I'm looking to add electric start and have a few questions, the motor is pull start but has a fly wheel with teeth on it and has the charging system as well...

1st - Can a pull start motor be converted to electic start?

2nd - Can I leave the pull start on the motor once the electric start is adapted}?

3rd - Are there any places or sites that can give information to doing the electric start or work about this motor?

Thanks"

"1. yes
2.yes
3. a factory s

"1. yes
2.yes
3. a factory service manual,..is the best tool. its not hard,u have to chg out a bracket,add new brkt,starter,solenoid,switch,wiring,batt cables ,battery etc...make sure,.this engine,is worth spending the sev hundred on,before ordering all parts."

"Thanks guy's for the INFO

"Thanks guy's for the INFO and help, I just picked up the motor a few weeks back and won't get to really try it till spring. I'm hereing this motor shouldn't be to hard to pull start, so I think I'll wait till I get to see how it is. If it's anything like my 9.5 johnson then I've got two great motors... Will look for a manual and keep my eye out for a far priced electric start. I think that sinse it has the charging system and if the motor like you said is a good runner then I'll go to the electric start..Thanks again and glade to be on another great forum..."

Back