Logo

Palmer PW27 Carburetor

H

Harold Roper

" I'm rebuilding a 1965 PW

" I'm rebuilding a 1965 PW-27 and would like to know if a brass carb is available for it. The salt water really eats the steel ones.

Thanks,
Harold Roper "

Yes there was a brass model 6

Yes there was a brass model 61 series Zenith carburetor. the Cast iron unit was 61M2AE7 and the all Brass unit was 61M4AE7. They look and a are mechanically the same and I have seen just one brass one in the last 30 years. What is the serial number of you PW-27 and was it salt water cooled? The engine is Wisconsin AEH and the Piston is Wisconsin AFH. I know of one water cooled cylinder and head that may be available at the moment.

I went to a web site called C

I went to a web site called Carbsonly.com. Tey told me that the Zenith 61m4AE7 (Brass) was discontinued years ago but they would be able to get me a brand new 61M2AE7. Thanks for your prompt reply. Harold Roper

"Harold,

Good, if you are l

"Harold,

Good, if you are looking for kits in the future, here is a source for the FACET K-2111 carburetor rebuild kit for the Zenith 61 series carburetors used on the PW-27 and P-60 etc. Palmer marine engines. The kit is available from NAPA dealers under the number 2-1565.

The local dealer checked that they are available in the system. For example the Delaware warehouse has 12 kits in current stock. Other states had a few so we know for now they are still available.

It is unfortunate but these kits like the Facet K-2111 Kit do not contain the needle valve but other than that they are most useful. The gasket for the bowl cover is very difficult to make and the replacement gasket are a precise match.

The price is about $26.00 per kit.

Regards,
Dick"

"I have a 1972 sailboat with a

"I have a 1972 sailboat with a palmer 60. Does anyone know where i could find a rebuild kit OR what similar motor would interchange with the p-60 ? thanks so much
Gene
[email protected]"

Back