Logo

6v 53

W

Wesley Olson

" i have a pair of detroit 6v

" i have a pair of detroit 6v 53 in my boat. i just replaced two cylinders and pistons in one of the engines. Also, both heads have had valve jobs done. After putting engine back together, i started it up and two cylinders were not firing. I know this by pushing down on the injectors with a screw driver. I replaced the two injector in the cylinders that were not firing and still didnt get any fire. I then took a compression test on the cylinders and had 475 lbs of compression, which is what my manual said i should have. I then disconnected the fuel lines to the two injectors while the engine was running and i am getting fuel to both injectors. Does anyone have suggestions or comments on what could be the problem? "

" Wesley, maybe the timing of

" Wesley, maybe the timing of the injectors or the fuel rack is not correct. Double check the injector timming and make sure the rack is traveling all the way in at full fuel. Are these the same cylinders you put the kits in? Did you notice when you had the heads off if the cam lobes had any wear? Let us know what you find.
Stan "

" Wesley: If you didn't no

" Wesley: If you didn't notice the cam lobe condition while the heads were off you can tell if they are bad by placing your finger on the injector rocker at the cam follower side of the rocker while the engine is idling, compare the non fireing cyliners with a fireing cylinder there will be a noticable differance in how they feel if the cam lobe is worn down or damaged. Just be carful not to get your finger between the rockers. "

Back