Logo

Identifying a perkins

S

sigurd grung

" hi, I wonder if you could he

" hi, I wonder if you could help me find out which engine I have. Seller of the boat told me it is a 57 hk perkins.
A number is stamped into the top of the engine, 37188137, and a raised number is on the right side at the point where the tube for the oil measuring stick comes out, "/B29F6\". It has four cylinders and a hurth gear (lever in aft position is ahead), CAV diesel filter holder and diesel pump (right rear top and left side). Stamped into the brass tube on the starter motor (right rear) is "107 Lucas 19S 7721 12V ER".

It is freshwater cooled with no fan or saltwater heat exchanger but a closed loop under the boat. Exhaust comes out from a cooled rectangular box on the top left. Accumulator is top right on the same belt as freshwater pump which is straight above driveshaft front, which also has two smaller, unused belt grooves.
I thought there would be a id number with letters in it, but can't find any, however there is another number on the block without letters but I forgot to write it down. I'll send it afterwards with the cav pump plate info if there is any.
I hope that someone here knows something about it or how I can find out.
sigurd "

" Perkins engine id numbers sh

" Perkins engine id numbers should begin with two or three letters and consist of up to fifteen letters and figures. It should be stamped on a raised boss on the block. If you can find that and post it here we can tell you the engine family, type, parts list number, country of origin, production serial nuber and year of manufacture.

Regards,
Andrew "

Thank you. The other number o

Thank you. The other number on the block is on top front left facing up (next to the thermostat). It is raised (not on a plate). It says "NW37116508/3".
Low on the right of the block is also the letters "NW B"

sigurd

" Sigurd,

That id number do

" Sigurd,

That id number does't seem right either. If the number starts with an N is should be followed by a A,B,or C indicating it is a 4.270, 4.300, or 4.318. But the rest of the number lacks the letters needed to show country of origin and year of manufacture.

Sorry...

Regards,
Andrew "

Back