Logo

Needle valve question 60 hp 1970 johnson esl

48tony

Regular Contributor
hi. my problem began when i se

hi. my problem began when i seen the plastic piece that slides inside the carb it seems to me it makes the seel for the needle valve. i put teflon tape on the needle valve. and it helped .but come spring i will be getting new ones. my next qus is how do i remove the old needle valve seats that are inside the carb its self thanks

i found the same diag on line.

i found the same diag on line. #29 is the piece i said was worn but there seems to be#38 looks to me it is the seat for the needle valve. how does it come out of carb

"29 is a friction bushing,38 i

"29 is a friction bushing,38 is a seal,but nit absolute necc...make sure,there is not any pieces inside there ,before asmm,blow out w/air,use a flashlite to verify...use a sealer,on and around,the top aluminum plug."

thank you. so what kind of sea

thank you. so what kind of sealer should i use on#29 were it seats into carb.and did i understand you correct#38 may not be used. thank you for the info

hi there all. can someone give

hi there all. can someone give me a run down on how to time my 1970 esld 60 hp.putting new costom reeds in it .iwas told should time the motor. and being the old beast she is its proablly do time. thanks out there. and a merry one too all.

Back