Logo

115 evinrude misses above idle

billdbi

"I have a 1999 115hp evinrude

"I have a 1999 115hp evinrude that runs great at idle, increase the rpms up to 2500 and up and I get a miss, not a constant predictable miss, but an occasional miss. Changed, plugs, new fuel filter, same result. What plugs are recommended for that engine, I get conflicting suggestions all over the web. Engine has only 185 hrs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.."

"Yes, model no E115FPLEEC, is

"Yes, model no E115FPLEEC, is it possible to clean the injectors or do they need to be replaced? Is there any additive that could clean them out?"

"those plugs,..have to be inde

"those plugs,..have to be indexed,..but u can run cleaner thru injectors....however,...on those high tech engines,..I HIGHLY recommend taking it in to dealer....its just not the same ol dawg any more.......they can read the comp and see if u have any stored codes,etc....u cannot just 'screw in' plugs on a fuel inj outboard...also,just FYI,..the gap,is extremely critical too...that is an expensive eng,...take it in,..is ur best advice."

"thank you so much for the adv

"thank you so much for the advise, didnt know about the indexing or how to do it. guess I will just bite the bullet and take it in. Thanks again and Happy Holiday........."

"Just out of curiosity, how do

"Just out of curiosity, how do you index the plugs on this engine when the engine is not pinned? I am not planning on doing this but was wondering is there is a reference point that could be used for indexing."

Back