Logo

Mariner Bigfoot 60hp 1998 3cyl Please HELP

francois_jacobs

"Hollo to all<[img]"http://www

"Hollo to all
happy.gif

The standard timing for my mariner bigfoot 60hp is idle timing 2 degrees/6 degrees ATDC WOT timing 22 degrees BTDC idle mixture screw turns out 1-1/4 to 1-3/4. Is this settings for sea level
question.gif

My elevation is +/- 4500ft to 5200ft(1400m to 1600m +/-) above sea level
light_bulb.gif

What must the main jet size be in the WME 33 carburators and the timing for idle and WOT at this elevation? The carburators has got .060 jets in. The timing is set at 0 degrees on idling and 22 degrees BTDC at WOT. The motors doesn't have enough power. I've done a compression test on the 2 mariner Bigfoot 60hp engines thats on the boat. All 3 cylinders on the motors gives me a reading of 100psi or 7kpa. The compression is not the problem. Can you please help me resolve this problem?"

"Your timing will remain the s

"Your timing will remain the same but you should rejet (all 3 carbs) with jets .004 smaller.

So move from your current 060 to 056 jets (Merc part number 1399-5213 (from my most recent parts list which may have changed now).

After rejetting if the motor is still sluggish at wot you may require a pitch change in propeller as well, although the 2.3:1 gears in the bigfoot should have already compensated for your altitude..."

Back