Logo

Wiring 1985 7.5 hp

redwing

I bought a 7.5 HP mercury motor that I believe is a 1985 model.When I got it home and took the cover off I found that mice had built a nest inside and chewed off most of the wiring.Is there somewhere I find wiring diagrams for this outboard?Thank You

"Being a pre-86 motor (whe

"Being a pre-86 motor (when Merc came out with the "new line"), I am not aware of an "online" (free) source for the diagram you are after.

It is however, contained in the Seloc's manual (1965-91 1&2 cylinder Merc outboards) available from numerous sources in both printed and on-line versions (including this site) for about 35 bucks..."

"Thanks Graham - I'll look

"Thanks Graham - I'll look into that manual as it would probably be good to have for other maintenance issues.Can you or someone confirm the model year of this outboard?The serial number is 7023285 and again it is a 7.5 HP I assume manufactured in Ontario,Canada.Thanks again."

"That is a Canadian serial fro

"That is a Canadian serial from the former plant in Mississauga. But that serial would put it in the mid/late 70's (horrible records).

A 1985 model would have a serial starting 72xxxx.

If the hood graphics are still intact/original for it to be an 80-something model it will clearly have a 7.5 on it, if it has a 75 (as in a model 75) it's from the 1970's.

My Canadian production lists, which are full of holes, put that serial in the 74-76 model years..."

Back