Logo

Tamd41a oil change problem

goody

Regular Contributor
while changing oil the hose fr

while changing oil the hose from the pump i was useing got stuck down in the oil pan on something while trying to get it out it snapped off now i got about a 10-12 inch hose in pan it the same kind of hose that you would use on refrigerator for making ice the only way to remove it is to pull the eng. wondering if it just sank to bottom of pan i was able to change oil if i have to get it out at this time
thanks

"On the 41, ther is a dip stic

"On the 41, ther is a dip stick tube and a oil change tube right? U take the cap off the later and put a hose on the Outside of the tube ...right? Did U do something different?
My mother said ...never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear and nothing down the oil change tube. I would go down with a heavy duty vacuum device and try to recover, or forget about it. Another idea is a coat hanger with a tiny hook bent in on the end...But that could make things alot worse for U... My 2 cents... Good luck."

hose went in dip stick tube i&

hose went in dip stick tube i've done this be fore no problem hanger idea wouldn't work it's a plastic tube i don't think it would melt at that oil temp like i said it's the same material as ice- maker hose
thanks

"If it was metal piece, it wou

"If it was metal piece, it would just lay down in the bottom of the pan until you get to it. Plastic will move around more, but I dont think it can get picked up by anything. Oil gets pumped up through strainer, I think you will be OK until you get to pulling the motor and dropping the pans. These motors have ~2.5 gal of oil in there, and gravity will keep the debris on or near the bottom. Good luck"

""while changing oil the h

""while changing oil the hose from the pump i was useing got stuck down in the oil pan on something while trying to get it out it snapped off now i got about a 10-12 inch hose in pan it the same kind of hose that you would use on refrigerator for making ice the only way to remove it is to pull the eng."

I can't give any advice on whether this will damage your engine, but the good news is that your post will serve as a reminder to those who read it to follow directions and do things the way the manufacturer specifies.

All you need to do is slip your hose over the outside of the dipstick tube and suck the oil out."

"A thought on your opinion / a

"A thought on your opinion / advice..... My oil change pump came with a narrow hose designed for dip stick tube application. It is the only method to extract all the oil from my Volvo V8 Gas GM boat engine. For the Diesel 41 model there is a separate oil extraction pipe that extends to a low point in the pan. I do not think the dip stick tube extends to the very bottom, which is why goody used his method. I know replacing the dip stick on my 41 sometimes I have to giggle it to get it all the way down the tube, so now I have learned that there is something that can cause any small tube to possibly hang up and get caught. I do agree these postings are good practice lessons for us all."

the hose on my pump doesn'

the hose on my pump doesn't fit down ext.pipe directions for pump says to put down dip stick tube i've done this before and had no problem
thanks

Back