Logo

99 starts back wards

kenny99

just replaced ign.trigger and

just replaced ign.trigger and exciter coil.
as you pull start the motor it kicks back and rotates backwards and starts. m9.9b2 2 stroke

"Those parts have not been ava

"Those parts have not been available for years so, chances are you replaced bad part with a bad part."

"The you would use the test pr

"The you would use the test procedures, as found in your service manual, to determine if the trigger coil and/or CD module is bad. Chances are its the trigger coil as that tells the CD when to fire."

"having trouble finding the

"having trouble finding the type of outboard, i have m9.9 B2 . all i'm finding is in parts and repair books are 9.9 D2 what is the relationship in these letters that i can't find in parts or repair manuals with the model i have. i have down loaded a parts manual covering the years 1992 to 2000 nothing covering my outboard model number thanks kenny"

Guru -I have this same motor t

Guru -I have this same motor that you gave the link for. NS9.9b2.

I thought this was a 1988 motor but the link shows 1992 on the cover. Is my motor a 1992 and can it be converted to an 18 hp easily?

Years aren't used so there

Years aren't used so there is no way of telling. Parts are determined by the model number only and your engine cannot be turned into an 18.

Back