Logo

Md2020 starting problem

mambo

"hi guys, sorry in advance for

"hi guys, sorry in advance for this simple question but here it goes, went to my sail boat today and the engine would not start, i turned on switches, held up glow plug switch for 20sec and pressed start button but nothing happened but very low kick kick sound, tried glow plug switch again but the light started to fade away and then nothing happened, would this be discharged batteries or something more serious?"

"G'day, Mark, Sounds like

"G'day, Mark, Sounds like a flat battery problem, prior to running off for a charger clean all terminals and connectors just in case its a bad joint.if possible connect a load direct to battery to confirm low voltage if you have a multi meter check resting voltage this should be 12.8 + to enable a easy start.

Cheers, Shakey."

"thanks shakey, what worried m

"thanks shakey, what worried me was the engine started first go approx. 2 weeks previously before i went on hols., would they run down that quickly it did get quite cold here for those two weeks?"

"Yes Mark,cold weather can kil

"Yes Mark,cold weather can kill an ageing or dickie battery over night; have you checked circuits and switches for possible power leaks? Might be time for a battery shop to evaluate your existing batteries.
Cheers, Shakey."

"thanks, will checkout all wir

"thanks, will checkout all wiring and connections today and will get batteries checked , thanks for your help,

Mark"

Back