Logo

Tack issue for 1995 ocean runner 150 hp

poponomo

"hello,
i recenty had my 1995 ocean runner 150 rebuilt and now the tachometer don't work. Is it possible that it is are wired wrong? I cannot find a wiring diagram. Can anyone help?
Thank You"

"u dont have a system ck tach,

"u dont have a system ck tach,do you?....reg tach wired is easy,..blk/grnd,grey sender,pos hot fr ign sw.if u happen to have the sys ck tach,added,..then,it plugs in..big plug."

"run a jumper from the pink/ho

"run a jumper from the pink/hot side of the tach to ground, if needle pegs wot the tach is fine. cant help more.cold/neg side must be hooked up too.
GFS"

"i think,..u may be referring

"i think,..u may be referring to the 'gray' or sender terminal...if u run 12v to grnd,..u r gonna get some burnt fingers."

"Hello all who have tried to h

"Hello all who have tried to help. Well, After hours of testing, we found that the mechanic who replaced the power head was pulling a fast one on me. He didn't hook up the regulator correct. He connected the red "hot" wire to the negative stud on the starter, instead of the red lug on the solinoid. after that correction I am charging and the tack works again. Thanks to all that responed for help."

"ouch....well,it may wk...i ha

"ouch....well,it may wk...i have doubts tho..since it was not hooked to 12v...maybe..."

Back