Logo

Fuel starvation

tylerann6

"i have a 1988 23ft imperial,

"i have a 1988 23ft imperial, boat runs out of gas with a full tank, with fuel system primed fuel pump
surges fuel every half second, when engine dies there is no fuel in lines and residual in the strainer, vents appear to be ok this simmple problem has me baffled any help would be awesome."

"The fitting that enters the f

"The fitting that enters the fuel tank is a anti-syphin valve " One way Valve " .

Unscrew it from the tank and blow thru it. When the valve comes out so will the fuel pickup tube it may have a screen on the bottom.

The fitting that enters the carb has a screen in it, and the fuel pump may have a screen in it if it is a " bell type "

Me i would run the boat with on a external tank of gas after cleaning all the screens.

What motor is this?"

"hey chief the anti siphon val

"hey chief the anti siphon valve is was inop replaced with air line adaptor to rule out ,
screen clean at carb but i did not chk screen at pump but will tomorrow still concerned why there is no fuel between carb and tank, thanks for your help
what kind of birds? air wing usn81-85"

"T-37, F-16, Starlifter last 6

"T-37, F-16, Starlifter last 6 months in Air Force, Flight engineer. 35 years ago.

You have a air leak maybe one of the lines are cracked ?

Want to try something? Run a new fuel line straight from a external tank of gas to the the pump. I used a apple juice bottle quart sized, it has a wide bottom so it didn't tip over.

You did check the pump to see if it's giving you between 4-7 psi no more no less for sure ?

And make sure the yellow clear hose is clear, the pump itself has a one way valve in it."

If not vent line then fuel pum

If not vent line then fuel pump.

the pump not only pumps but it sucks gas out of the tank.......

Back