Logo

Heaters

fst

Have enjoyed the topics and so

Have enjoyed the topics and solutions offered and discovered answers to many of my questions. Proline 211 Merc 5L and Alpha one Rapphannock river in VA. Considering leaving on lift until Rock quit biting and wondering if a block heater might be an alternative to winterizing. Maybe someone has experience with this. Thanks

draining the block and manifol

draining the block and manifolds takes what 5 minutes.

Air don't freeze Bond=o posts that all the time.

"Ayuh,... [b]Draining[/b] it i

"Ayuh,... Draining it is the Only 100% Safe way of doin' it...

like Chief says I say,...
Air just does Not freeze...."

"Thanks for response, You guys

"Thanks for response, You guys are up early. Sounds like good advice. I think there is a drain cock under each manifold but not sure about a block drain. 97 model, is there a simple way to do this or do I need to add a valve?"

"Ayuh,...
There's a drain

"Ayuh,...
There's a drain in the bottom of each manifold,..
There's a drain at the bottom, midway along the Block, 1 on each side...
You should pull the Bg Hose off the circulating waterpump,...
And,...
If you have P/Steering, there's a Cooler under the motor, portside that needs draining..."

"Bondo
Just to dispute your c

"Bondo
Just to dispute your comment that air doesn't freeze. Up here when it gets to -35 F or lower, one can see the frozen ice crystals in the air quite readily.
smile.gif

Bert"

"Ayuh,... -40° isn't unh

"Ayuh,... -40° isn't unheard of here either,...
We usually see several weeks of below -20° each February...
but,...
It's the Water in your breath that's freezing,...
Not the Air.....
wink.gif
"

"unless Bert's in B.C, the

"unless Bert's in B.C, then it might be smoke (from the Olympic torch I mean of course)"

"What Bert is refering to is i

"What Bert is refering to is ice crystals in the air when extreme low temperatures are reached. I have been out on the airstrip at the airport in Whitehorse when it is actually hard to look at in bright sunlight. Even though the crystals are extremely small, when they are thick and the sun shines through them it is like millions of small prisms each sparkling with every color imagineable.But as Bondo says these are airborn minute particles of frozen water, not the air they are suspended in."

Back