Logo

40 ELO Mariner Outboard

jason_bourgeois

"I have a 40 ELO Mariner Outbo

"I have a 40 ELO Mariner Outboard coded 6E9 L with a serial number - 427214. I have been trying to figure out the year model and from what I gathered it's a 1987 model but I am not sure. Any help is appreciated. Also, I am in need of a head gasket and all of the head bolts. The previous owner lost them, so I will be looking for a good parts house. Thanks, Jason Bourgeois"

"Hi Jason,yes your right ,its

"Hi Jason,yes your right ,its a 1986-7 mariner.since its basically a yamaha,you could try the agents for the gasket,and engineering shop for the 50mx8mmx 1.25 thread s/s bolts[thats whats in my 25hp mariner].parts depts dont normally have nuts and bolts"

Thanks Ian! I kinda figured I

Thanks Ian! I kinda figured I would be on my own with the bolts but knowing the size now sure helps a lot. I am sure that I will be back on here with more questions soon. Thanks again man.

Jason Bourgeois

"just make sure u use coppersl

"just make sure u use copperslip or antiseize compound on the bolts,before assembling"

"Careful using copper anti-sei

"Careful using copper anti-seize--especially if you're in salt water--bad electrolysis effects. Better to use a regular, non-metallic grease.

Jeff"

"Yes, thanks Just-In-Time. The

"Yes, thanks Just-In-Time. The boat will be in lots of salt water so I will keep that in mind. Thanks to all for the responses."

Back