Logo

Engine sleeve removal 200 hp Merc

hattrick1068

Can anyone offer information o

Can anyone offer information on the methods used to remove the combustion chamber sleeve from my engine? I completely lost #6 and it is beyond boring and honing.

"Just in time

Thanks for th

"Just in time

Thanks for the information. I am hopefully getting the liner pulled tomorrow, I have relaxed and relized instead of hurrying to get back on the water, I am going to slow down, do it right, and find out the root cause to minimize this from occuring again.

Many thanks!!"

"Justin
I will send you some

"Justin
I will send you some pics over when I can get a chance. I am still trying to come up with the right tool to remove the sleeve, there is only two ports on the sleeve that will enable you to grab it with a puller. I will let you knw how it turns out.

If there is a special tool or something to fabricate that works the best it would be a great help"

"Normaly you dont remove the o

"Normaly you dont remove the old sleeve, they bore it out and press in a new sleeve and finish the new sleeve to the original specifications"

"Guys,
Here is an update, sle

"Guys,
Here is an update, sleeve almost out, new being ordered, and a determination to the root cause will be underway. I have another theory, the cavitation of the prop caused enormous amounts of bubbles to be drawn by the water intake causing a heating problem. I have kicked this around severely as a possible cause. Water pressure should what 14-20? I recall the guage showing 10 or less lately all the time, so I will be trying to rule this out as well!!

I will keep the group updated as I am working on removing the myths about sleeve liner replacements."

""I have another theory, t

""I have another theory, the cavitation of the prop caused enormous amounts of bubbles to be drawn by the water intake causing a heating problem"

How did you come up with this?"

"I had spun the prop hub someh

"I had spun the prop hub somehow, and there was an enormous amount of bubbles generated. The water pressure on my guage never rose past 10, and I had a steady beep for the overheat alarm before it was recognized that something was really wrong.
I am still going to eliminate all theories to find out what happened."

Back