Logo

Volvo2003T not reaching max revs on full load

philchop

"fuel supply ok, turbo ok max

"fuel supply ok, turbo ok max revs under no-load ok but will only rev to 1900 instead of 2400 under full load could it be lack of compression."

"How is the bottom and the run

"How is the bottom and the running gear? Did this just start or has it been this way for a while or has it been since new, has it been sitting a long time? We need more info."

"the problem arose whilst left

"the problem arose whilst left over winter months.
prop may be have barnicles on it. but have run engine whilst tied to pontoon.. running gear appears to be ok.starts perfectly well no vibration when running .some leakage past injector cannot seal leak at present new sleeve will be req,d i expect."

"Well, I think you are answeri

"Well, I think you are answering your own question. First take care of the known problems, namely the injector leak and the prop. I compression test is certainly in order to keep you from chasing your tail but I don't think your problem is that serious. How's your luck been running lately?"

"not too good, but i hope you

"not too good, but i hope you are right and it proves to be not too expensive as my thoughts were engine removal and piston rings de glaze etc. but i,ll have to remove the head to fit new injector sleeves so i.ll do a compression test first."

Back