Logo

2009 98 4 stroke dimensions

bax

"I have a 9.8 4 stroke that I

"I have a 9.8 4 stroke that I am going to mount on the catamaran (sail) that I am building. I purchased a remote conversion kit for it, but have not yet mounted it and removed the handle.

I have limited space on either side of the motor.
Can someone tell me if the overall width of the motor will change with it's new remote control kit mounted? If so, how much difference is there? Will the cable/cables for the throttle come out sideways or forward?

Thanks,
bax"

"Thanks! Is the remote cable a

"Thanks! Is the remote cable a single push-pull for the throttle, and what is the typical minimum bend radius?
bax"

"Two cables, both are push-pul

"Two cables, both are push-pull. One for the throttle and one for the shift.

what is the typical minimum bend radius?

The maximum bend radius would be determined by what your cable is designed to endure. Higher end cables can take more without developing problems as quickly. That varies from brand to brand. There is no minimum bend radius as that would be no bend at all."

"Guru,
Thank you for the info

"Guru,
Thank you for the information, you have been most helpful and I think I now have all I need to proceed with construction of the area surrounding the motor.
Just as a heads up, and with all due respect, "minimum bend radius" typically refers to not the amount of bend, but radius of the bend itself, meaning the smallest number of whatever units it is expressed in, hence the term "minimum bend radius". So, a bend with a smaller bend radius, is in fact, bent more. This is why the term is important and relevant and is used for specifying long term storage and operating radii for cables, optical fiber, and other bend sensitive components.

Thanks again,
bax"

"I learned something then as I

"I learned something then as I thought it was the opposite
"

Back