Logo

Honda tachometers

luvnlife

"Is there a historical problem

"Is there a historical problem with Honda tachs. Both my 90hp and 30hp engine tachs failed. The 2002 90 had two replaced under warranty and the third quit 6 months out. The 2005 30 tach quit 6 months out of warranty. Dealer could not find any service letters, and I'm not going to buy replacements without knowing if there is a solution. I believe Teleflex makes these for Honda."

"Both Teleflex and Faria make

"Both Teleflex and Faria make them with a Honda Logo on them. They are the same as the Outboard tachometers with the Teleflex and Faria name on them.

I have not seen any specific issues with tachometer failure.

If your tach is a Faria, it has a lifetime warranty. You can get on their website and fill in the part number and your personal info. They will give you a return authorization. You pay a fee based on the unit for shipping and handling. Generally, around $26.00.

I am not sure on Teleflex. If yours is a Teleflex, you should Google their technical services number and call them to see what they do."

"Thanks Mike, I appreciate the

"Thanks Mike, I appreciate the information on warranty. I did not know this. I'll have to look. Seems strange that both my Honda's tachs took a dump, one repeatedly.
Frank"

"Hi Frank. In response to your

"Hi Frank. In response to your posting about the tacho's, i have struck numerous issues with the Faria unit ( the white unit with the built in hour meter. I have tested the accuracy of the tacho using HDS and found some units up to 400-500 rpm inaccurate and many units have had hour meter failures, usually adding hours at random. One unit i removed from the sealed fit-up kit, had 76000 hrs on it , straight out the box! All faulty units have been returned and warranty honoured in all cases. Im lead to believe faria have rectified the fault and though the same part no. applies to the *improved* unit, the tacho will have a red dot placed on the rear of its case."

Back