Logo

Tohatsu wonbt idle

texasliam

"Yup that old discussion about

"Yup that old discussion about the ports again.
So to clean the ports I need to soak it in a carb cleaner. What's it called and where do I get it. Anything else I should know about it? I also read a post about blowing the ports out with air, but how do I blow out the slow port with the plug in it?"

"It's called "carburet

"It's called "carburetor cleaner", it eats any organic based compound,can be found at any auto parts store, comes in a one gallon or five gallon pail and smells awful...Skipping to the part where you pull the carb and its removable parts out of the stuff.

1) Rinse in water or gas.
2) Blow anything you can get to with pressurized air to remove any water or debris.
3) Assemble and install back on to the engine.

The air jet that is sealed to prevent people from leaning out their engine and blowing it up, will blow clear from the other areas you can reach.

No more than a three hour soak on the dip and try to keep it off your skin as the smell will remain with you from 4 to 10 hours. You will not be popular with the ladies during that time
"

Use the carby cleaner with an

Use the carby cleaner with an extension tube to blow through passage ways and oriffices to check they are clear once you have cleaned them

Back