Logo

M70a2 prop shaft seal

ggraybluefrank

I have a 1991 m70a2 I need to

I have a 1991 m70a2 I need to get my prop shaft seal replaced I have a guy to do it I have a guy that says he has the parts I need for these old m70a2 motors I have a service manual for the m70a and many other tohatsu outboard motors the lower units are suposed to be the same for the m70a and the m70a2 but I cant find a picture of the prop shaft seal in the book or a part number I can find all kinds of pictures of the gear cases but the 70 hp does not show a prop shaft seal Im sure it has to have an o ring for the outer seal and a shaft seal for the shaft does anyone know anything about this and can you help me my guy was wanting to know if he could remove the shaft seal with his seal removing tool or if he has to tear it down and I need to know what to order can any one help me please and thank you in advance

"You can download a free parts

"You can download a free parts book for your model engine at the link below:

http://internetoutboards.com/PartsCatalogMenu.htm

It does have a seal in the interior of the prop shaft housing and an o-ring around the exterior of the prop shaft housing. He will have to pull the prop shaft housing out of the lower unit housing to replace either one."

Back