Logo

50 HP Mercury Outbaord

bioman

"Have 50 HP ELPTO Mercury Outb

"Have 50 HP ELPTO Mercury Outboard. was on lake when alarm sounded. plenty of water from indicator tube (P-hole). got it off the lake. Next day hooked it up to water paddels and ........ no water from indicator tube. Changed impellar and thermostat to be on safe side. Plently of water from indicator tube, but........ continuous alarm continues. begins as soon as I turn the switch. can't be hot, not ran long enough to get hot. any ideas? is there a reset switch for the alarm? not intermitent alarm, it is continuous. thanks for any help, michael casey"

"[b]Have 50 HP ELPTO Mercury O

"Have 50 HP ELPTO Mercury Outboard. was on lake when alarm sounded. plenty of water from indicator tube (P-hole).

Plenty of water correct?

Next day hooked it up to water paddels and ........ no water from indicator tube.

Strange!

Short of a bad warning horn there are only three things that will give you a continuous warning with a cold engine and the key turned on. A bad temperature switch and/or a bad oil level switch and/or a bad oil level float. Seeing that you were probably wrong about the overheat my guess is the oil warning circuit. Disconnect one of the light blue wires coming from the bottom of the tank. If the horn shuts off there you go. But, it's likely to be the float in the tank and not the oil level switch. Seen it many times. You do have oil in the tank right? Just my guess."

"will check these. when on wa

"will check these. when on water, I mixed oil with gas just to be on safe side until I returned. a bit rich now, but better than the alternative. will check. yes got oil in tank. thanks, Michael"

"no oil
overheat

that is i

"no oil
overheat

that is it for alarms

you might have a water in fuel, that is a beep beep"

Back