Logo

ALFA 1 STERNDRIVE LOWER GEARBOX REFILL

biltong

"Where is the breather hole on

"Where is the breather hole on a Alfa 1 lower stren drive box? When pumping in the oil from the drain / refill hole, the air pressure builds up and pmps all the oil back out. I can't find a breather hole anywhere. I have made an attachment that screws into the filler hole with a piece of clear tubing on to fill from the squeeze bottle.

Need help urgently, have a boating holiday planned.

Thanks in advance."

"It is in the upper half. They

"It is in the upper half. They work as on when asssembled.

When looking at the outdrive from the back of the boat, it is on the left side about 2 inches from top of outdrive. IT SAYS VENT!

Only fill from the bottom till it dribbles out the vent. Takes ~ 36 - 38 oz!!"

"Thanks Guys;

new to a ster

"Thanks Guys;

new to a sterndrive,and did finally read manual, assumed they were lubed individually.

They say more haste less speed. Rushed in the oil(1st time hand squeesed against an airlock and she all squeezed back out), tested it (had a gear selecter screw come loose), had a warning siren as I did not fill the resivoir either, dumped it in the water without the bung plug, tested the automatic bilge pump anyway and caught no fish.

Its sure a fast learning curve.

Thanks again for a great quick responsive forum.

They say you learn from your mistakes, lets hope so."

"Unfortunately in boating stuf

"Unfortunately in boating stuff happens BIG sometimes. Make yourself a check list and read it out loud until you have it locked in your memmory. Sinking, exploding, breaking down in high winds are just some things you don't want to happen at all. Know what do do when something bad does happen. We have marine cops here at the boat launches and they will check your boat for all the essenitals. They won't let you launch if you're missing something but it's for your own good. I'm sure they get tired of pulling bodies from the water.

Federal boating licenses are coming down the pike, if you're that new to boating it might benefit you to go through the course and get your license. "

"But we're all PERFECT and

"But we're all PERFECT and NEVER make mistakes!!We all learn from our mistakes,it's human nature,so just get a manuel,follow these posts and get as much exoerience as you can,remember,if you can take it apart,you can put it together,hopefully without any left over parts!!!! LMAO!!!!"

Back