Logo

Gray Marine Boat Motor

"Without seeing your engine, I

"Without seeing your engine, I'm guessing you have a 250 cubic inch, AMC based engine. It was used in marine applications from aprox 1957 thru 1665. It probably has a single sidedraft Carter "YH" carb? The 135 is the horse power rating. Is the engine flywheel forward or aft?

Im assuming your thinking of selling the motor? As for values, a LOT has to do with condition and completeness of the engine. It also has a "bigger" brother, the 327CI, (Rated from 188 thru 238 horsepower) that is usually a little more sought after, as it will be a direct replacement for your engine.

Any pics or more info on your motor?"

"Steve

I don't know muc

"Steve

I don't know much about marine motors, as you can tell but I will attempt to take some pix and get them back to you for more clarification. Thanks for writing. Linda"

"Hi everyone, i am new here. I

"Hi everyone, i am new here. I have an all aluminum V8 gray marine engine, it is in a smithcraft hull and has the outdrive as well. I need to ID the motor and HP rating. The Model is V8A-160BTK and the serial is W-3223. I believe the motor is the original with the boat. I also read some literature and found a cross reference for these numbers. T10700-T10799, any idea what they are for(maybe ordering parts)..

Please Help, Matt"

Matt!

Sounds like your moto

Matt!

Sounds like your motor is a Buick 215 cid aluminium v-8 These motors were used in the buick special 1962-1964 and the 160 is probably the hp. maybe this will help you a little bit go to a buick site on the internet you should be able to pull up some info
Fred

"Thanks Fred, Buick eh. Any ch

"Thanks Fred, Buick eh. Any chance you know anyone who wants parts or the whole thing. I have no ability to store it for any length of time, and would hate to scrap it. So if anyone wants parts please let me know. I am in Denver. Thanks everyone."

"Matt, DONT scrap it out! Mayb

"Matt, DONT scrap it out! Maybe try an ad on Craigslist, it doesnt cost anything.

Someone, somewhere, could certainly use it, if no more than spare parts!"

Re: "I have a V-8 - 135 Gray Motor

"I have a V-8 - 135 Gray Motor, Engine # K-7653. What H.P. is this, approx age and value?"

The K in the serial number means 1958
Here is a link to decoding Gray serial numbers
<http://www.finewoodboats.com/Gray.htm>

Back