Logo

1967 Mercury 9.8hp 110 not peeing

wperry

"I have a 1967 Mercury 9.8hp - 110 that I have recently replaced the water pump on it. I was able to get the small pieces of rubber out of the inlet tube and back flushed the pee hole and the flush hole with water. I also took a piece of weedeater line and got it to go in the pee hole about five inches but it gets hung on something. I thought that I had gotten everything out and it did run fine for about an hour and then the stream slowly started spitting and then stopped. Of course I immediately shut it off. I have taken the foot back off and the tube is clear.I think something is stuck in between where the inlet tube goes into bottom of the head and the outlet peehole. (I do have a Seloc manual but it says nothing about this) My question is there a cover plate that I can take off that I would be able to clean this passage way or any other suggestions on how to clear an obstruction from this area? Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks,
Wilson"

"Advise you do NOT start unscr

"Advise you do NOT start unscrewing those cover plate bolts for half of them will snap off. If you don't see a Tell Tale stream, that does not mean the motor is overheating (but it's certainly bad on one's nerves).

My old 9.8 had a restriction in that black plastic piece the hose attaches to. I drilled mine out to keep that from happening.

Jeff"

where is the serial nimber for

where is the serial nimber for 9.8 mec it also says 110 on side it has red stripes. i am not to up on mec. thanks

"Lonnie the serial number is l

"Lonnie the serial number is located on the right side below the cowling. I have attached a picture of where it is.
Wilson

334996.jpg
Picture

"Sorry lonnie sent you in the

"Sorry lonnie sent you in the wrong direction.On my merc it's on the transom bracket
blush.gif
"

here i am again.the number i f

here i am again.the number i found on the shsft behind the transon bracket is FH1451-4675 on the shaft behind the bracket. the baffel has the number 74018 & on the motor plate behind the carb is 941-2624 will that help? also the red stripes is wide not thin. thanks for the help sure need the year of this thing. O yea the number behind the carb is up side down will that hurt? thanks zillions for help.

"Ok lonnie going by the stripe

"Ok lonnie going by the stripes you are somewhere between '67 and '74,I think
biggrin.gif
My motor is '69 and it has broad stripes,refer to my user name regarding merc110"

"Lonnie,I have been reliably i

"Lonnie,I have been reliably informed that the red stripes are 1971 or older.Blue stripes 1972 on"

Back