Logo

Yamaha 225 HP 2004

ch_eng

When operating the Tilt &

When operating the Tilt & Trim on the Outboard the trim motor is making a very bad sound and appears to be struggling to lift and lower the engine. My intentions are to remove the motor with the outboard trimmed up and on the mechanical safety bracket and inspect the motor and repair / replace. does anyone have any tips or possible pitfalls they have experienced with removing the trim motors? what would be the approximate cost for a new motor?

"Thanks for the reply. I have

"Thanks for the reply. I have actually removed the motor now and found it too be fully of milky oil!!! I presume this motor is not oil filled and therefore the lower seal may have failed allowing oil to the motor and also seawater has got into the oil therefore causing the oil to go milky colour. two of the permnaent magnets had also came away from the motor housing so this is also causing problems too!! My plan is to get a new housing with magnets and replace seals and brushes, reassemble and fill with oil...... do you think I am on the right track????? all replies are welcome... my trim motor appears to be in a bit of a mess
angry.gif
"

"Ok thanks for the help so far

"Ok thanks for the help so far!! I am now looking at sourcing a new motor and seal kit and carrying out an overhaul. I posted that my Yam 225 was 2004, however I am not 100% sure. Can anyone help me confirm the age of my engine. Engine details: F225AET 69JX1015930. Also can anyone suggest where is a good place to purchase new and secondhand spares? all help much appreciated."

Back