Logo

Hull cleaning and water stains

markchiz

Contributing Member
"just wondering if theres a so

"just wondering if theres a solvent or some technique out there to get the brownish water stains off the hull of my boat? i scrubbed the algae off, but theres stilla distinct line where it was in the water...
is there any type of cleaner I can use? I've been using Scrubbing Bubbles beach cleaner for fibreglass...doesnt seem to come off.
have any of you guys ever tried a high speed buffer? or a grinder with a cloth buffing wheel on it?"

"yep still original gelcoat...

"yep still original gelcoat...its only 3 seasons old, 2007.....just the marina i keep it in gets pretty weedy and stagnant...no water movement at all so the junk builds up quickly."

Mark FYI next season before yo

Mark FYI next season before you put it in the water take a buffer and some maguiers cleaner wax and give both sides and the back a good buffin and watch how easy your buildup comes off after the season is over

"what size boat? runabouts you

"what size boat? runabouts you can put on the trailer and clean and wax a few times a season to avoid the big growth, cruisers you wind up doing a 2 part paint job."

"we use lysol toliet bowl clea

"we use lysol toliet bowl cleaner, apply full strength with a cloth or brush, let it sit for about 20 mins then give it a scrub with a brush and rinse well. does an excellent job."

Back