Logo

Vapor separation tank

"I have twin 2005 HPDI 200 HP

"I have twin 2005 HPDI 200 HP engines. Each engine runs on its own fuel tank. The engines have 420 hours on them. Last week, first the port engine, and occasionally the starboard engine starting having a problem. They start fine, run fine at 4000 RPM (that is the fastest I run them), and idle fine. When I go over a big wave and the bow digs in, the motor stutters for a second then goes immediately back up to full rpm. At very low rpm's (like 2000) it doesn't do it, but at higher rpms's it does on most big waves. I replaced the fuel separators (last done 3 months ago) and found about 2 teaspoons of water in each and a small amount of debris. Replacing them did not solve the problem."

u also have fuel filters
and

u also have fuel filters
and i belive a high pressure filter also

u might want to check ur fuel for water

do u have a water seperator also

the filter is removable and re

the filter is removable and replaceable in the vst or clean .very fine screen a fuel pressue gauge screws on to. you will see pressure drob when rpm drops while running to isolate yor prob sounds like water

"I checked the see thru filter

"I checked the see thru filter on the engines and no water. I drained the vst tank and no water. Now it is only the starboard engine doing this. The boat will come up to full RPM on both engines making me think it is not fuel related. I checked all battery connections and they are fine. I am thinking it might be something electrical but don't have a clue what it might be. Whatever it is, it affects the whole engine, not like a bad plug, or wire."

"I had similar prob with my 2`

"I had similar prob with my 2` 2003 225 4 stroke yamaha`s ,the tiny filters on the base of the high pressure pumps in the VST unit where nearly cloged with gell blew out with low presure air good as new"

"Thanks for the replies. The p

"Thanks for the replies. The problem turned out to be plugged filter in the VST tank. Next time it happens, I am going to try and fix it myself. Was a little costly."

Back