Logo

Transom seal replacement on an 1984 OMC 800 Stringer

jclark

"Texun, I'll keep you in t

"Texun, I'll keep you in the loop. I just ordered the boot $85.00. I'll probably try to fix it on 12-2-06 if I get my garage cleaned out by then..."

"Thanks Jason.
Where did you

"Thanks Jason.
Where did you order from? Guess I might as well go ahead and do the same. I'm currently going through a re-power project, and the mech I used is at the end, and just let me know that this needs to be done also. Think I can handle this one w/o him though. Save me the 3 hrs labor from him."

"Have yall tried ebay, I have

"Have yall tried ebay, I have seen them around $74.00 for the 22 hole. And few other places alittle lower. The only thing u have to watch out is the large clamp that holds it to drive might strip out. I have heard that u cant used store bought bolts. When u seal the boot to the boat I would not tighten the bolts down, let the sealent cure for a few then tighting them down. What I did to test for leak is fill my boat with water up to the oil pan and check for leaks."

"I got the boot off of e-bay.

"I got the boot off of e-bay. Type this in as your search (Transom Seal, 22 HOLES, 78-86 OMC). There are 2 auctions ending in about 6 days, They buy it now price is $75 + &12 S&H."

Back