Logo

Gaskets

narcosis

"I have pulled both engines to

"I have pulled both engines to have them rebuilt, which are 1979 Chrysler 360's. They are model number 360BWR15940 and 360BWL15940's. We have check and cleaned the manifolds and reiser's for the exaust and cooling system and they are in good shape. The original part number on the riser is 23308 or 8527784 and the elbow part number is 2346689. These numbers are stamped on the elbow and riser and are original to the engine. I am having trouble looking up and cross referencing numbers for gaskets for the cooling system. Any ideas or help"

"After a trip to the garage, w

"After a trip to the garage, where I have a complete 360 exhaust system sitting on the floor, I can assure you that those are mostly original Chrysler parts. Since they haven't been made for at least 20 years, most replacements are OSCO parts. And OSCO parts are direct replacements.

Try this web site and order the parts you need as if you had OSCO manifolds and risers. The gaskets and swivel kits (O-rings and sleeves) fit the Chryslers just as well.

Jeff

http://marineengineparts.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page8.html"

"Ed and Jeff,

We have gaske

"Ed and Jeff,

We have gaskets for the 318 manifold and risers here on this site too... see this page and this page.

You can also use the next/previous at the top of those pages or the navigation bar to the left."

"Thanks guys, the information

"Thanks guys, the information you gave helps out alot. I am pretty excited about next year, the engines are at the rebuilders and I have a number of other projects I am doing with the boat over the winter, new carpet, upolstery, ect. As usual I will get this boat all redone and start looking for another one. Are we nuts or what? Boating its what its all about...."

Back