Logo

SternDrive Model Location

lynwood_david

Contributing Member
I need some help locating the

I need some help locating the Model number of my Outdrive. I am sure it is just waiting to be found. Here is the information I have gathered through Picture Comparison and my own observations:

72-74
High Profile
Five Bolt Exhaust Cover Plate
Electric Shift
14" Blade Pin

74 Shipjack FB
96-98 V8 5.0 Chevy 2bbl Rochester
There are Mercruiser parts on the Engine

Any guidance will be appreciated.

"Thought a Picture may help. A

"Thought a Picture may help. Any comments?
33396.jpg
OMC Drive on a 1974 SkipJack FB

"Darned if it dont look like t

"Darned if it dont look like the one on my boat.My steering rod is in a different location. I believe someone said its a Model 140 Large Gear Case.My prop looks like that kinda , too..."

"Well, I do now know the Prop

"Well, I do now know the Prop in the picture is a 16 Pitch. It does have Tru Coarse Steering. Was able to determine that by looking under the dashboard. I am currently trying to free the Exhaust Casing Cover. Snapped off the head of two of the bolts. 2 came off just fine. Discovered the fifth bolt had snapped off prior to my buying the boat. All they did was wrap teflon tape on was left of the thread of bolt and stuck it back in. Me and my torch will be up close and personal with that cover this weekend. The Adventure continues.....;"

"I removed the drive this week

"I removed the drive this weekend. With it off, I spotted the following info on the Side facing the the Stern of the Upper Gear Case just below the Gear Housing Cover:

UPPER
21 17"

Back