Logo

Will it work

W

W. Sadler

If I have a large jug or bucke

If I have a large jug or bucket full of AF and attach a hose to it and the other end to a set of muffs (attached to engine) and hold the bucket above the drive will the gravity and pressure be enough to force the AF to the pump and circulate it through the engine? Or will the pump be able to suck it up right away? I have a 1994 Cobra with a 5.8L that has an engine mounted raw water pump (I dont believe this year has an outdrive impeller in it). I am going to remove the t-stat so the manifolds are filled with AF as well. I will drain the engine of water prior to this. I will also capture some of the AF comming out the exaust to make sure it is a strong shade of whatever I decide to use for AF. Is this an effective way to do this? I think that it is how some marienas do it. All posts welcomed.

"The usual AF tank has a valve

"The usual AF tank has a valve on the bottom, so the fluid just flows out on its own. I wouldn't risk the impellor trying to pull it out of the top like that.

You can buy a winterizing tank setup fairly cheaply, and then you'll have it again next year.
Most boating supply stores have them in stock right now--they're a hot item.

Jeff"

Back