Logo

97 Crusader 454 XLI Fuel Injection

M

MarkVN

This is a mess
I too recently

This is a mess
I too recently had the problem with my port engine after running up to 180 degree operating temp and under way would bog down after I tried to push the throttle back up above 2000 RPM's I never cleaned the screens but have replace the filters.
Here is the new problem... I took off the Throttle Body (Dont ask me why) looking for corrosion gum clogging whatever... Put it back on and the engine started with no problems... The next time I started the engine would not idle down from 2200 RPM's. I can't seem to figure out how to slow the engine down.. Would the IAC cause the engine to idle up to 2200 RPM's?

"Without a doubt. If the IAC

"Without a doubt. If the IAC is unplugged or hung up, it will cause the engine to rev, as would any air leak. Make sure the throttle body is tight and not leaking air. Don't forget to check the mechanical linkage, is the throttle lever resting on the throttle stop? You didn't drop it and bend the linkage did you?

I would clean that Oberg filter before I try running the boat again.

Good luck
Rick"

Thanks Rick.. Didn't drop

Thanks Rick.. Didn't drop the throttle body and lever is resting on the stop...Guess it must be an air leak. Thought I tightened the 4 bolts pretty tight. Also the IAC is plugged in as I removed it and plugged it back in.. I also noticed that at the top of the fueld injectors where the connectors attach there is a rubber grommet missing from one of the connectors. Can't seem to find anyone who seels replacements. (I think it is a rubber insulation fitting that fits snuggly over the two posts the fuel injector control wires plug into). Where in the world could I get a replacement without buying the entire wire/ cinnectir assebly at the tp of the throttle body?

"Look in the IAC port. If you

"Look in the IAC port. If you can't find it, it should be available through GM. It's their throttle body."

"I recently purchased a boat&#

"I recently purchased a boat(1999)with twin 454 fuel injected motors. When I turn on the ignition, I hear the fuel system pressurize but when cranking, the engins will not start. I turn off the ignition, and start the process again. After 4-5 attempts, the engines will start, idle up the way they are supposed to, then the RPM's come down until the engine dies. I do this for another 4-5 attempts before they will continue to run. Any ideas?"

"That is correct. Both engines

"That is correct. Both engines are hard to start and once they do start and achieve high rpm, they die and I start again. It has been suggested that it could be water in the fuel. I have not changed the fuel filters nor even had a chance to take them off and look at them. Once they start, I have no problems running the rest of the day at any rpm."

I HAVE TWO INBOARD --502 CRUSA

I HAVE TWO INBOARD --502 CRUSADER-1996-TWIN SCREW-APPROX -- 400 HRS-FUEL INJECTED------THE PORT ENGINE WILL STOP WITHOUT ANY HICKUPS OR SYMPTONS DURING CRUISE OR PLANNING --TEMP -RPMS -SAME BOTH ENGINES-THE SHUTDOWN CAN HAPPEN AT 1200 RPMS OR AT 3000 RPMS--STARTS UP OK WHEN KEY IS TURNED ON AGAIN WITHOUT ANY APPARENT HESITANCY??? PLUGS AND FILTERS HAVE BEEN CHANGED OUT---OBSERVATION-THE MOTORS CAN BE SYNCHRONIZED AND OPERATED AT 1200 RPMS -8 KNOTS-ONE HOUR TRAVEL ---BUT WHEN AN INTENTIONAL UP OR DOWN THROTTLE CHANGE OCCURES THE SHUT DOWN IS SOON TO FOLLOW ON THE PORT ENGINE???

Back