Logo

30 omc

stogi

"I am looking at buying a 21&#

"I am looking at buying a 21' trophy with a 3.0.is this good enough ,is there a bolt on upgrade 4.3 or 5.0 that lets me keep the leg? any info would be greatly appreciated ,Thanks Archie, Masset,B.C."

"Sorry Archie

Although with

"Sorry Archie

Although with some stringer modifications, the larger units will bolt up, they all use a heavier duty outdrive. The upper has a different gear ratio and the lower has a larger housing with a larger prop.

This package was Bayliners "Boat Show Special" $99.00 down and $99.00 /month. There are a million of them out there and not one person is happy with the performance. That is usually why they owners sell them. It's a shame, they are otherwise a nice boat."

"Do you know what the top spee

"Do you know what the top speed, cruising speed is, it is a beautiful boat with loads of electronics.will it carry 2 adults and 2 kids and perform ok, thanks,Archie"

"I have an 18 Beachcraft open-

"I have an 18 Beachcraft open-bow runabout with the 3.8 v6. My 3.8 is a 2bbl carb model which is rated at 175 HP.

I needs about 20 more horsepower - 30 would be better still. I have trouble getting my tall son up behind the boat on anything other than a kneeboard.

I have gone to a 15.25" x 15" prop (had a 15x17) and it pulls better. I wish I had gotten a v8 !!

Works fine - except that with this prop I can hit 4800 RPM, or 5000 if the water is just right and wind is at my back, and we don't have a lot of load in the boat.

But the owner's manual says I should stop at 4600 RPM. My mechanic says the engine should be fine up to 5500, but the outdrive manual doesn't, and I want to err on the side of caution. I don't know if the manual is right on, but I sure don't want to blow up the motor OR the drive.

4600 RPM clocks at around 38 MPH on my boat. I could do 45 with ease with the other prop, but it didn't have as good a hole shot. and the lakes I ski have speed limits - usually 35 MPH.

What am I saying? If you like the boat, buy it. But have some money set aside to repower with a V8 - that motor is a bit smallish for a 21 foot boat.}"

Back