Logo

Found a crackneed rolaids

groundhog

"Well, well. Looks like i&#39

"Well, well. Looks like i'm gettin it yet again.

Found a crack on my MD6A block. On the supposedly perfectly maintained engine. It looks like it is on one of the water cooling chanels. It no longer leaks, as it looks like it has filled up with salt.

The thing I still don't understand is that I have good compression, good timing, rebuilt injectors, and good fuel delivery. Shouldn't the crack be doing something bad that can be measured? Dispite the crack, if all specs are in line, shouldn't the motor work somehow?

The engine smokes light smoke all the time and black if you ask anything of the engine (with black chary lily pads behind the stern). The oil is black, probably with the unburnt char too.

Somebody mentioned that you can have the timing 180 degrees out and the marks will line up.

The last thing I can try is to re-bleed the system and maybe replace all fuel hoses. Maybe an air leak somewhere?

And I had a survey done. Only to find out that you need a team of surveyors to buy one lousy 27 foot fiberglass boat. I guess it's like rocket science. I need a toilet surveyor, a sail surveyor, a wire surveyor, a keel surveyor, a tiller surveyor..."

"I went to the boat this weeke

"I went to the boat this weekend (guess everybody here does..).

I wirebrushed what I thought was a crack and it cleaned up real nice. So nice that the crack disapeared!

It looks like just a big flake (3 inch long) of iron fell off of the corner of the block. With some peeling paint and white powdery corosion, it really looked like a crack. Like a make-up artist did the job.

So I'm happy. I just found $7000 dollars! Yay!!

groundhog"

Back