Logo

Evinrude Ldrive

M

mark lombardo

" I have an older [1969&#9

" I have an older [1969] evinrude v-4 that is factory matched to an electric shift outdrive.The engine is laying down with the spark plugs pointing up, and updraft carbs.Is this really called an L-drive? what did they come in?...This unit is in excellent condition.I would like to sell it or trade but dont know what to call it.
any help is appreciated "

" I've seen what your'

" I've seen what your'e describing in an Evinrude boat-that's right the BOAT was an Evinrude, with the Evinrude logo on the hull. It had an OMC electric shift stern drive with the four cylinder engine you describe. The boat was a rather heavy tri-hull type, but with the lighter two stroke engine, it really flew through the water. I had a customer who owned one back in the 80's and always enjoyed test running this old jem. The biggest problem it had was that it was so fast, it would sometimes clear the water when going over a large wake, causing the prop to ventilate, which would cause the electric shift spring clutch to shear its anchor tab and lose forward gear. "

Back