Logo

Warning to buyers

A

anonymous

" I wanted to warn those of yo

" I wanted to warn those of you who are located in the Tenkiller Lake, Oklahoma area. As you know it is hard to find a reliable and trustworthy marine dealership. I recently got taken to the bank on a purchase I made.

Beware that everything that TENKILLER MARINE sells is AS IS. He will not tell you this up front, but will if you try to bring it back. He will not refund, nor repair the item. "It's your problem now" according to him.

I thought I would pass this along. I wouldn't want any of my fellow boaters to go through this the hard way.

Thanks, "

"And you are......who? What di

"And you are......who? What did you purchase? What was the problem with it?

Joe
"

" Due to litigation purposes,

" Due to litigation purposes, I cannot say at this time. After this I'll be glad to complete this posting.

I just wanted to put a simple warning to everyone.

Thanks, "

" Well, you are not the only o

" Well, you are not the only one. I'm surprised that you haven't heard about him. You must not be from this area. All the locals here in Cookson know he is not trustworthy.

I take my boat 30 miles from here for service and it's worth the extra money to know it's done right.

Joe "

" I am in business for myself,

" I am in business for myself, and if a message was posted on the board saying negative things about me, I would want people to hear my story also. Does this boat shop owner have a say? Today it is always too easy to criticize and rarely do we hear a good word, especially in a public place. I am not defending this guy, but would like to hear his side. Hope in the future all of your deals go better, Kim "

" Wow, Baja1 you guessed it I&

" Wow, Baja1 you guessed it I'm not from this area only recently moved here.

On 2 seperate occasions I tried to work with him. If he would have only repaired it, I would have been satisfied. He totally refused! Why would anyone sell a defective part and then not make it right. It says a lot about him. He had his say alright and that was for me to take my defective part and leave. I'm sorry if I have offended you Kim. He will have the rest of his say in court in a few weeks.

Before moving here, I had a trustworthy mechanic and dealer and wouldn't trade for anyone else. THis was an unfortunate incident and sounds like Baja1 agrees with me.

There are plenty of good marine dealers out there I'm sure of that. I'm hope no marine dealer took this as offensive. Baja1 would you please let me know who you take your boat to? And also a trustworthy dealer?

Thanks. "

" No offense taken. If half of

" No offense taken. If half of what I am reading here is true, this guy is not conducting business in a decent way. Good luck, and as for this swindler, someday he will get his due. Kim "

"Central West Florida Here

"Central West Florida Here

I'm looking forward to the posting after the matter is settled in court, and I truly hope that justice is served and that you (whoever you are), run the guy into the ground, if indeed he has done what you say.

Myself, in the past, should I have made a mistake or have a new part go bad within a short length of time, would eat (as the saying goes) whatever amount of money it might take for me to correct the problem. My reputation means a great deal more to me than a few dollars.

My short initial post above was not intended to be offensive.... just short, sweet, blunt, and to the point. I wish you good luck in your battle.

PS... Curious here.... could you at least tell us what part or/and engine this pertained to?

Joe
"

" There are two boat dealers/m

" There are two boat dealers/mechanics that I would trust with no problems, Cophers in Fort Smith or Mullins Marine in Muldrow. Both are listed in the Yellow Pages. I use Mullins because it is a little closer to me and he has never steered me wrong.

joe "

"To all,

I'd like to kn

"To all,

I'd like to know the details of this case, just out of curiosity.

I had similar thing happen to me ( I think ). I sold a lower unit for a Mercury V-6 to another mechanic, for his own personal use. The unit was used, and I checked it myself, while he was there, to make sure it was shifting properly. The price was $350, as is. All used parts are sold as is.

About two weeks later, he came back, asking me to take the unit back, because it would not shift into reverse. Obviously, he was not as good a mechanic as he thought. He had put the gearcase on and got the shift rod together incorrectly. I told him what the problem had to be, but he insisted that I take it back and refund his money.

I told him to get lost, and now he tells everone that I'm a crook.

"

" I have had recurrent problem

" I have had recurrent problems with 3176 Cat engines, and have by now had to replace heads ( that crack), valves, turbo kits,etc. evry 200 hours.
Am I the only one with this problem? Who has heard about those engines and their reputation?
Thanks for your feedback.
Janot Lemaire "

" Have not heard of problems w

" Have not heard of problems with this mdl, but the 3196 had a factory recall with regards to the aftercoller/heat exchangers. If you are having continuing problems of the same nature, perhaps the block deck is warped or heads are being over torqued??? Valves and turbo kits can be ruined by many things, but are you using good fuel and a filter system??? How is the cooling system on this old girl, if she runs hot, heads, valves and a lot else will fail prematurely. Id pay to have a Cat man come and look her over real good before I bought more heads, turbos, etc. If you are having issues with a local dealer, try going up the chain of command a notch or two, and scream real loud. Cat is just OK around here for service (especially warantee work), and I have had two friends who fish, and they had to make a real fuss, before Cat would replace a failed thermostat and water temp sending unit, so if you are having major issues, they probably are not even answering the phone. I hate to sound critical on any manafacture, but sometimeds the truth stinks. Good luck, and keep this site posted as to your findings, Kim "

" I would like to say, as owne

" I would like to say, as owner of TMS, I have just found this message, and would like to tell anon up there, that I have no idea what he is talking about. Nor is it proper to post such statements on public message boards without any facts. Litigation? There has never been any such thing. What happened to the follow up? Oh, thats right, there was no litigation was there? Cant you find anything better to do than spread rumors without stating any facts? You certainly are not very believeable. "

Back