Logo

Inboard engines

craig

" does anyone know what is the

" does anyone know what is the best inboard engine to buy sea maxx, mercrusier, crusader?? i am looking for a pair in the 250 to 300hp range "

"I'd go with Crusader. If

"I'd go with Crusader. If you're going to keep the boat for 5 years or more and looking for durability and easier maintenance, they are hard to beat.

Crusader's GM small-block (5.7 liter) carbureted model is a stout engine. That's not to say that EFI is bad, but I've always found it ironic that with all the inboard and I/O makers going to fuel injection and computer controlled engines, most die of plain old neglect and abuse.

Check out this article by David Pascoe on Yachtsurvey.com. One update to the article is that Crusader has since added some models that use fuel injection and electronic ignition.

http://www.yachtsurvey.com/GasEngines.htm

If you're going to operate in salt water, invest in a good fresh water cooling system and maintain it properly. It will pay for itself.

"

I have a 1996 350 crusader ca

I have a 1996 350 crusader can someone tell me why water would drip from the starter housing?

I just recieved a 1974 23'

I just recieved a 1974 23' T-Bird with a cuddy cabin. The engines have been removed and some other Items. It needs a lot of work! It had twin engines. Does anyone know what the manufacture was and where I can find a support group in restoring a boat like this. Thanks

I have always had Mercruiser m

I have always had Mercruiser mainly cause years back I knew someone with the regional parts and service in NJ. But I never had any problems and parts have not been a problem to obtain.

One point I will make is dont just look at horsepower...consdier too the torque ratio. A HP 350cu in at 300HP is nto the same as a 8.1L 300-370HP with long stroke @ 510rated torque. If you are nto pushing alot of wieght then the lesser engine will prolly be fine. Also get other points of view. GLuck.

Back