Logo

Fogging inboards

makomike1

Contributing Member
?? Just fogged both of my carb

?? Just fogged both of my carberated inboard engines with Starbrite fogging oil in a black can. When sprayed in carbs there was no smoke coming from exchaust. In past I have used another brand and when i sprayed in carbs I had all kind of smoke from exhaust. Is this normal for this brand not to smoke when sprayed in carbs ???? Thanks Mike

"Michael:

I haven't use

"Michael:

I haven't used starbrite's oil in several years. Have used several brands over the years and all smoke profusely once enough product is induced into the mmanifold.

three years ago, I had a similar situation. Turned out the smoke was there, I just couldn't see it. there was a very good wind - 20kts+ - and it was blowing the exhaust off to the side and up next to the hull. After running at least two times what should have been enough, I just cut off the key. When I got up and looked forward, there was the longest fogging oil smoke cloud I've ever seen."

That smoke is from the money y

That smoke is from the money you paid for the fogging oil! I pull the coil wire and spray it in for 15 seconds or so. Much more effective.

Jeff

"So you mean you spray it whil

"So you mean you spray it while cranking it over, but pull coil wire so wont start?"

"You bet. Otherwise, it just

"You bet. Otherwise, it just burns up like oil leaking past the rings. Think about it.

Jeff"

Back