Logo

Clogged fuel line

koffeejohn

Posted yesterday that the boat

Posted yesterday that the boat stalled. Today I checked the fuel lines and one line going to the port tank was clogged.I checked the valves(twin tanks) and the valve was clear and works. I checked the fuel line going to the top of the tank and that was clear. The fitting from the top of the tank is clogged. What would cause it to be clogged? How do I unclog it? At least now I can operate the boat on the other tank with the faulty one shut off and worry about it during the winter.

"What would cause it to be clo

"What would cause it to be clogged? How do I unclog it?

Stale gas turns to varnish, old swollen rubber hose, gunk on the tank bottom. Clean w/comp. air and carb cleaner."

Bt Doctor: BINGO! I took all o

Bt Doctor: BINGO! I took all of mine out and haven't had a problem since. Those stupid things have left me stranded more than once. It only takes a tiny grain of anything or varnish to make them stick.

Might want to replace them - t

Might want to replace them - they are there for a reason. Prevents gas from siphoning from the tank in case a fuel line breaks filling the bilge with gasoline. Also required by Coast Guard and ABYC regulations. Leaking gas = large explosion immediately followed by a big fire and bodies in the water.

Went to the boat and the anti=

Went to the boat and the anti=syphon valves spring was broken and that was the problem. Thanks for the help.Also thank heaven I belonged to sea-tow.

Back