Logo

TAMD Knock

morg

TAMD31P has developed a loud c

TAMD31P has developed a loud clatter/ knock. Only happens when under load above 2800 rpm. Seems to be coming from injection pump area but cannot find anything obvious.
Help would be much appreciated

"Could be a lifter, but should

"Could be a lifter, but should be making the noise all the time. Could be a injector problem. My mechanic says this is ruled out by loosening each injector while running and making the noise; retighten and go down the line. If it is the pump it might involve the cam. The RPM suggests the turbo because it kicks in at about this rpm. You could listen closer to the turbo with a scope or screwdriver end and feel any vibration to check bearing noise, or remove aircleaner and rotate turbo by hand (with engine off) and check for roughness and play."

"Thanks for your help. I have

"Thanks for your help. I have replaced the injectors, turbo is OK. The noise seems to be coming from the area of the injection pump but can not find what it would be??"

"Putting in new doesn't au

"Putting in new doesn't automatically rule out something simple. Focusing on simple, check for a injector problem, and have U rechecked the turbo since this started? Did you listen with a mechanics scope to pinpoint exact area of vibration / noise?"

Back