Logo

Alpha 1 series 2 lower leg leaking oil

mickcc

"Hi to all again, Boat and leg

"Hi to all again, Boat and leg have being running great after that leg removel to replace that hole in the rubber boot on the gear oil hose,
didn`t find why the leg oil bottle level raised and lowered, but i think it`s starting to surfaces.
I have just notice some oil leaking from the lower leg from the small holes on both sides as i intend to take the boat out this week end could some one please let me now if it`s safe or not to do so.

regards Mick"

"Pressure test the drive. My f

"Pressure test the drive. My friend has that drive the shift shaft bushing before we upgraded it would leak after about a year.

It should be changed every time the impeller is changed, about 2 years.

We pressure test with the gear lube in, you will see where it comes out."

"Just spent 3 great days on th

"Just spent 3 great days on the water on the gippsland lake Victoria but not with out problems the commander 3000 throttle controller played up the button pops out now and then then jammed in and then there was no gears so i`ve ordered a new button i think the broken bits are still in there some where, $3.40 for a new button a bargin ordered 2 also have a leaking water circulation pump the 1997 5.7 2 barrel carb engine has a part number of 10108455 cast on it but the part to order is a 850399-1 but before i order can some one tell me why the different numbers i can not find a cross reference between them both?
mercruiser don`t seem to have a 10108455?
But there is one one ebay....
regards Mick
ps the leg oil is still ok put but will get to it soon with a pressure test thanks for your input."

Back