Logo

Crusader Intake valve question

tsenn

"I have low compression of 105

"I have low compression of 105 on crusader 8.2L starboard engine, turns out to be an intake valve problem, going to pull it apart myself w the help of a friend mechanic, anybody know where the best place in RI/New England area is to get Crusader engine parts?"

"I had a similar issue on my 8

"I had a similar issue on my 8.2 requiring a complete valve job with only 400 hours on the engine. My exhaust valve on #3 cylinder was not seating correctly. I still have issues (rough idle) with that engine... what kind of problems have you seen? I have learned that they are true oil burners...
If you cannot get the parts thru connections here go to the Crusader web site, they will have the closest distributor to you listed."

Exhaust valve problems with th

Exhaust valve problems with those motors tends to be caused by water ingestion. The solution to that--if head room is available--is a riser height extender. The higher the better!

Jeff

"Turned out that intake valve

"Turned out that intake valve on #5 was not seating correctly, got it reseated, reassembled, changed the oil, and now this engine (starboard side) won't go beyond 3000rpm. Before the tear down, it was peaking at 3600rpm; was trying to reach specs at approx 4100-4200, and now situation is even worse??? Redid compression tests on all cylinders and all check out 120-145 each. Any idea what it could be? Timing issue? We put new plugs & wires with no luck, rechecked the firing order, all checks out ok, stumped at this point. Is there a dignostic tool to use for electronics control module? Are we missing something, anybody else have similar problem? Year 2000 gas, 8.2L, MPI, with only 150 hrs on engine. Any help or suggestions is appreciated, thanks."

"We don't seem to have any

"We don't seem to have any water ingestion problems at this time, just can't figure out why before the valve job the starboard engine would run at about 3600 rpm and cruise at 17-18 kts; now after the valve job the starboard engine won't go beyond 3000 rpms; the specs call for 4200-4600 rpms? The port engine runs great and meets specs, just can't get the starboard to sync??? Any ideas???? Thank you."

Back