Logo

Boat problems need some advise please

chebur928

hello all im having a bit of a

hello all im having a bit of a problem maybe someone couldhelp.my boat has been running fine but the other day it died on me and and left me stranded had to paddle back... once i got home i put the muffs on and it started only when i put the idle up high once a let the idle down it dies also around the prop area there is a black oily substance on area of the prop and on the ground... what could be causing this?by the way its a 93 mercury 75hp

"the black oily stuff is unbur

"the black oily stuff is unburnt fuel, you should check spark on all cyls, compression, then if all is good you would assume a carb/float is flooding the engine."

"hi
i just recently purchas

"hi
i just recently purchased a 14 foot seeker craft with a 40 hp mercury. my contro box dont have the 7 pin connector on the harness that goes to the engine. My engine dont have the connector that hooks to the control box. My motor has 5 loose wires down by my rectifier. black, orange/white, yellow, red, and green. Is here any way to hard wire the two together? my control box has four wires green, brown, blue, and purple. any suggestions will help thank you.}"

"Hi Chevy,

Sorry bud, misse

"Hi Chevy,

Sorry bud, missed this response... Hope you've come right in the meantime, if not:

It's an electrical device that allows extra fuel to enter the engine to assist in cold starting situations. They vary from engine to engine. You'd need to post a photo of each side of your engine block for me to pinpoint the possible culprit.

Daniel, you'll need to post a new thread. Your query will get lost amongst this one's replies and confuse others when they respond. O ja, welcome to the best boating forum in the world!

Over & out from a very hot & sunny Johannesburg in South Africa!"

Back