Logo

How can i get more power from my engine

"None whatsoever. Keep the en

"None whatsoever. Keep the engine tuned, fresh gas, hull and OD clean and correct prop. A 4 blade prop will give you a better hole shot."

actually i am not using this e

actually i am not using this engine for a marine application.

So thier is nothing I can do to increase power?

Thanks

"Are you using the marine inta

"Are you using the marine intake ? or an Industrial intake ?

There are modifications that can be made, but there is always a trade off.

Contact me via e-mail if you want more information."

"Big increase - nothing like a

"Big increase - nothing like a huffer. That said, don't expect it to last real long. If you realize the life expectancy issues, "the gas bottle" may be a cheaper, long term option depending upon what you are doing with it."

"What? Gas bottle, turbine? Wh

"What? Gas bottle, turbine? What do you want to do with this motor?

So here it is no sugar coating, you ain't suppin up this 3.0 merc,omc motor if it is a 3.0 period.

Want real power go with a 5.7L chevy you can do serious upgrades if you got deep pockets.

Want real power 7,4L.

DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH THE MOTOR?"

"[i]needmorepower : actually i

"needmorepower : actually i am not using this engine for a marine application

not reading, and not thinking outside the box. yea, there's no replacement for displacement. getting 1hp to 1.5hp per CI is possible.

I'd pour money into an inline 6 before a V8 cuz these days its not as common to do, cuz it's not that smart, but look at the 4 & 6 bangers in the new Fast & Furious type cars, they can't easily stuff a GM or ford V8 in there, yet they are able to get 400+ hp from 4cyls !! I saw somewhere many years ago that someone got 350+ hp from a 4cyl. It depends on what he's using it for, just because he's here on a boat forum you assume its a boat. or he has a 4cyl, he should have room for an 8, I know there are 10' boats with 400hp V8's."

Back